2020 Sydney International Whitewater Festival
Be part of the 2020 Sydney International Whitewater Festival and experience the ultimate excitement of whitewater paddling with the world’s best athletes heading to Penrith Whitewater Stadium this February (21-23 February 2020).
The best Olympic canoe slalom athletes and a stellar line-up of World Champions and Guinness World Record holders will compete in an action packed, wet ‘n wild Whitewater Festival, showcasing the exciting and thrilling disciplines of canoe slalom, and canoe freestyle.
Find out more about the event HERE
- Fox and McGrath Headline Paddle Australia 2019 Annual Awards November 5, 2019Paddle Australia Annual Awards 2019, Saturday, 9 November 2019 World number one and 2019 double World Cup winner Jessica Fox as well as double 2019 world champion Curtis McGrath OAM headline a stellar line-up of athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers, who have been announced as finalists for this week’s Paddle Australia 2019 Annual Awards. The […]
- Jack Newland Writes Australian Canoe Freestyle History July 5, 2019Throwing tricks in a swimming pool would not seem the most ideal preparation for a canoe freestyle world championships, but it was good enough to help 18-year-old Jack Newland make Australian history at the 2019 ICF canoe freestyle world championships in Sort, Spain, on Friday. The Geelong teenager became Australia’s first ever junior world championship […]
- Freestyle World Championships Continue In Spain July 5, 2019Australia’s Sue Robb has pledged to return to Europe to help her canoe freestyle development after competing at the ICF world championships in Sort, Spain, on Thursday. Robb finished her qualifying round of the women’s kayak surface with ten points, missing out on progression to the next round, but was still smiling after returning to […]
- 2020 Canoe Slalom National Development Squad in Action at Whitewater Festival February 19, 2020The 2020 Canoe Slalom National Development Squad (NDS) was recently announced following a selection process including the Canoe Slalom Age Championships on the Mersey River in Tasmania, the Paddle Australia Canoe Slalom Senior Championships in Penrith and a two-day Selection Camp held at Penrith mid-January. The camp displayed great improvement in the overall standards and […]
- World’s Best Olympic Slalom Paddlers to Contest 2020 Sydney International Whitewater Festival February 17, 2020The world’s best Olympic canoe slalom paddlers have arrived in Sydney to contest the 2020 Sydney International Whitewater Festival at Penrith Whitewater Stadium this weekend (21-23 February 2020). Exactly five months out from the start of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, Jessica Fox, Australia’s dual Olympic medallist and greatest individual slalom paddler of all time, will […]
- Hot month of Paddling Ahead on Olympic Courses in Penrith NSW February 7, 2020Tokyo 2020 Selection To Heat Up on Home Waters 1 week to go to the 2020 Oceania Canoe Sprint Association Championships, Olympic Continental Qualifier and Paddle Australia Canoe Sprint Grand Prix (GP2) When: 14-16 February 2020 Where: Sydney International Regatta Centre Final Olympic quota spot up for grabs for Australia in women’s kayaking (2), women’s canoeing (2) […]