2020 Sydney International Whitewater Festival
Be part of the 2020 Sydney International Whitewater Festival and experience the ultimate excitement of whitewater paddling with the world’s best athletes heading to Penrith Whitewater Stadium this February (21-23 February 2020).
The best Olympic canoe slalom athletes and a stellar line-up of World Champions and Guinness World Record holders will compete in an action packed, wet ‘n wild Whitewater Festival, showcasing the exciting and thrilling disciplines of canoe slalom, and canoe freestyle.
Find out more about the event HERE
- Fox and McGrath Headline Paddle Australia 2019 Annual Awards November 5, 2019Paddle Australia Annual Awards 2019, Saturday, 9 November 2019 World number one and 2019 double World Cup winner Jessica Fox as well as double 2019 world champion Curtis McGrath OAM headline a stellar line-up of athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers, who have been announced as finalists for this week’s Paddle Australia 2019 Annual Awards. The […]
- Jack Newland Writes Australian Canoe Freestyle History July 5, 2019Throwing tricks in a swimming pool would not seem the most ideal preparation for a canoe freestyle world championships, but it was good enough to help 18-year-old Jack Newland make Australian history at the 2019 ICF canoe freestyle world championships in Sort, Spain, on Friday. The Geelong teenager became Australia’s first ever junior world championship […]
- Freestyle World Championships Continue In Spain July 5, 2019Australia’s Sue Robb has pledged to return to Europe to help her canoe freestyle development after competing at the ICF world championships in Sort, Spain, on Thursday. Robb finished her qualifying round of the women’s kayak surface with ten points, missing out on progression to the next round, but was still smiling after returning to […]
- 2021 Dates Confirmed for Tokyo Games March 31, 2020The International Olympic Committee (IOC), the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and the Government of Japan today agreed new dates for the Games of the XXXII Olympiad, in 2021. The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will be celebrated from 23 July to 8 August 2021, and they also […]
- Paddle Australia Update: 2020 International Competition Calendar Canoe Slalom, Sprint, Paracanoe March 30, 2020Paddle Australia Update: 2020 International Competition Calendar Canoe Slalom, Sprint and Paracanoe This is an update on the current situation regarding international tours that had been planned for athletes who have recently been selected to respective teams to attend upcoming international competitions. The ICF recently provided an update on the coronavirus situation and its effect on […]
- Tokyo 2020 Officially Postponed March 24, 2020It’s official and Tokyo 2020 will be postponed to 2021! While it’s sad, it is the right decision in these unprecedented times! “The goal posts haven’t disappeared – just shifted.” “In the present circumstances and based on the information provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) today, the IOC President and the Prime Minister of […]